Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ancestors of the Week--Where's Harold??


Do you remember the children's game, "Where's Waldo"? Well, that is today's challenge. In this 1960 photo is my grandfather Harold Gates, and your job is to figure out which one of these fellows he is. The others in the photo are his co-workers at a company called Bendix, once located in Hollywood, one of the many neighborhoods that make up the greater Los Angeles area. They were all machinists, making various types of tools. Thanks to California State University Northridge for establishing the San Fernando History Digital Library project (http://digital-library.csun.edu/SFV/index.html), where I found this photo.


I'll give you a little hint: below is a photo of my grandparents--Harold and Eleanor--so, see if you can find him in the above photo. And, yes, I do see him in the above photo!








No comments:

Post a Comment